I see dead ... sexy people.
Bruce Willis (born Walter Bruce Willis on March 19, 1955) is an American actor and singer. He came to fame in the late 1980s and has since retained a career as both a Hollywood leading man and a supporting actor.
Willis first found fame with his starring role in the hit TV series Moonlighting (1985-89) establishing himself as a comedic actor. However, it was his then-unexpected turn in the Die Hard movie series that catapulted him to fame. He also was successful in his turn as the voice of little Mikey in the Look Who's Talking movie series.
In the late-1980s, Willis enjoyed moderate success as a recording artist, recording an album of pop-blues entitled The Return of Bruno, which included the hit single "Respect Yourself." Follow-up recordings were not as successful, though Willis does return to the recording studio from time to time.
Bruce Willis: Overview
LOVED him in: The Fifth Element, Moonlighting, Look Who's Talking, Die Hard
Didn't like: Pulp Fiction
Verdict: Casual Fan or Big-Time Fangirl? Big-Time Fangirl... although I haven't seen all of his movies
Comments: Bruce Willis has been one of my favorite actors since I first saw him on Moonlighting. I also like listening to him sing because you can tell in his voice that he's having a great time.
- Quotes -
As Mr. Willis once said...
"I've done one or two too many films where I play the tough guy hero who has to extricate himself from a difficult situation. Sound familiar? I thought so," quips Bruce Willis on his action star status.
"I'm much more proud of being a father than being an actor."
"You can't undo the past... but you can certainly not repeat it."
"Hair loss is God's way of telling me I'm human."
- Favorite Scenes -
Also known as "moments"
I really like the scene in Die Hard where the cop finally realizes that the building Bruce is really in a building under siege, and Bruce's character says, "Welcome to the party, pal!" You can just hear in his tone, "Finally! Someone believes me!"
It's not a specific scene, but I appreciate that he gets dirty and bloody in Die Hard. Sure it's nice to see a hero save the world without a hair out of place, but it's kind of unrealistic in all of that action.
Bruce guest-starred on Mad About You. Bruce is basically playing himself, and the premise is that he was hurt while filming his latest movie, which - a reporter explains - was Die Already.
In that same episode of Mad About You, Paul and Bruce wind up sneaking through the hospital - it's a long story. At one point, they stop in the restroom, and while they're at the urinals, Paul acts as if he's trying to ... well, peek. Bruce looks over at him, like, "Do you mind?"
- Afterthoughts -
* Trivia: Has been in 8 movies with numbers in the title: First Deadly Sin, The (1980), Twelve Monkeys (1995), Four Rooms (1995), Fifth Element, The (1997), Sixth Sense, The (1999), and Whole Nine Yards, The (2000), Whole Ten Yards, The (2004), and 16 Blocks (2006).
* Trivia: Was the first actor to ever "act" in a video game. No one before has ever done voice work along with having their movements digitally added to the game.
* Trivia: Is left handed.
* Trivia: Was high school student council president.
* Trivia: Bruno is his nickname.
* Trivia: His recording of "Respect Yourself" reached #5 in January of 1987.
* Trivia: (2001) Stated he will no longer be doing violent action or "save-the-world" movies.
* Trivia: He has appeared in over 60 movies.
* Share comments about Bruce Willis or suggest additions/corrections to this page at the forums.
* View pictures - including screencaps! - at our gallery.
* Questions? Check our FAQ for FGA (Frequently Given Answers).
* What do you think of our site? Let us know by completing our brief Site Poll.
* Navigate the full list of our content at the site map