Site Map & Links
Links make the 'Net go 'round.
» On-Site Content
We're pleased to offer an assortment of original material.
- About This Site - all about us in a convenient Question and Answer format
- Celebrities - list of Celebrities I Really Like™ and why they made the list
- Contact the Webmistress - see Question #2
- Credits - see the next box on this page
- Favorite Scenes - memorable moments from TV shows and movies
- Forums - check the guidelines and then follow the links to comment away in our message board
- Index - a.k.a. "Main Index" or "Site Index", features samples of our site's content
- Lessons Learned - from television and movies... although we may be overthinking
- Links - see the next box on this page
- Movies - list of Movies I Really Like™ with micro-reviews
- Musicians - list of Musicians I Really Like™ with micro-reviews
- New/Upcoming - site updates are sporadically posted here at the forums. (The newest posts are at the end of the thread.)
- Picture Gallery - with almost 200 images, including various screencaps that I've done
- Questions - answered about such matters as using this website/content, and what we mean by the word fannesite
- Quotes - dialogue, monologues, and one-liners
- Rate this Site - see Question #2
- Reviews - for books, episodes of various TV shows, etc.
- Television - list of TV Shows I Really Like™ with micro-reviews
- Topics - information for specific topics can be found in the links at the left
» Off-Site Content
Cross-linking to other websites to bring you even more features
- About the Webmistress - my internet "résumé" includes other places to find me on-line
- Comics - also known as cartoons and funnies
- Episode Guides - for Alias, Angel, and MacGyver, with original episode descriptions
- Fan Art - pictorial fan dedications
- Fanfiction - collective of stories written by the webmistress
- fannesite.com - featuring links to more fan sites
- Forums - news, reviews, and fan discussion since 2004
- Forums: Guidelines/Rules - see the on-site Forums entry page
- Forums: Miscellaneous
- Forums: Movies
- Forums: Music
- Forums: Television
- Layouts - various looks for an assortment of sites
- Links - aplenty, because links make the 'Net go 'round. Also in a form that's sortable by tags.
- Reviews - for TV, movies, and more at our companion blog, TV Toaster
- Things I Really Like™ - I really, really like a lot of things
- Tips for Webmasters - (hopefully) helpful hints about running a fan website
- Top Tens - for those of you, like me, who enjoy list humor
- WWW - list of the twenty-something sites run by the webmistress
- Links & Credits -
Giving credit - and linkage - where it's due.
for Quotations 101, Quotations 102, and fannesite.com
A huge thanks to my friend Michele. She and I started recalling our favorite sitcom moments in our emails - I think it was even her idea! - and I later asked if I could add them to this site. She agreed and has contributed a considerable amount of content to this site.
Many thanks also to the site visitors who contribute material, corrections, etc. You guys rock!
The site's current layout is from a style sheet by Dave Shea with modifications by Matthew Mullenweg and One Fine Jay. I found the style sheet as part of a free blog layout and modified it *heavily* for use here with the XHTML/CSS help of: boutell.com, HTMLDog, HTMLGoodies, the W3 tutorials, and the W3 Validator. The "admiration and expression" part of our disclaimer is a modified version of one found here.
Sources for images used on this site are as follows.
* Filmstrip graphics: made by the webmiss using the border of the graphic at the now-closed "Movie Mayhem" website.
* Camera/film roll logo: edited from a background in a free layout at the now-closed Talk City website.
* Screen captures done by the webmiss for the gallery were taken from: videotape (GND), DVD (Young Riders, X-men), YouTube (Austin Powers, BTTF, CITC, Golden Girls, Mama's Family, Moonlighting, MSCL, Princess Bride), or other Internet video sources (the rest).
* Other image sources are credited on the page of the subject they cover: see the menu on the top left.
* Note that the sources where I found the image may or may not be the image creator/copyright holder.
* I've had many of the photos for years and have forgotten where I originally found them.
Fair Use Notice: This site may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We believe that its use here constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit for the purpose of criticism/review and comment, and its appearance here should have no adverse effect of the "potential market for, or value of" the work.
If you feel that your work has not been properly credited, please let me know and the material in question will be promptly amended or removed.
On-line resources and just for fun
Search for just about any topic in entertainment and pages from the IMDB (Internet Movie Database) will show up. It features tons of information about many movies, television shows, and celebrities.
TV Guide Online has listings for what's on the air, as well as articles and info about various shows.
Want to know what happened in a movie without actually watching it? There's a good chance that Wikipedia will have a summary of it.
If it's episode recaps you seek, Television Without Pity features detailed summaries of some of the hottest shows.
TV.com features descriptions for episodes of many, many shows.
Drew's TV Script-o-rama has - as you might imagine - links to transcripts of television shows.
If inaccuracies in movies keep you awake at night, The Nitpickers' Site is for you.
"'Scuse me while I kiss this guy"?? Find out what that song really says at KissThisGuy.com
Feed your fiction fever at fanfiction.net, where you'll find thousands of stories to choose from, conveniently grouped by topic.
Did your favorite site close and leave you with nothing but a URL? Take that URL to the Internet Archive, and you might be able to find an archived version of the site.
When all else fails, try searching on Google.
My collective - www.rusted-crush.com - features the complete list of sites that I run.
Find more sites - or share the link to one - at our companion site, the links database @ neloo.com.
- More -
For Your Information
* Commentary on books and TV episodes, plus other critiques.
* If a picture is worth a thousand words, would a gallery be the equivalent of a lengthy novel?
* For a brief site history and answers to questions such as May I use your info? and What is "fannesite?" visit the F.A.Q.
* Corrections, suggestions, and random comments about the site are always welcome. Contact the webmistress.