Welcome to Shine, where we strive to accentuate the positive with inspirational stories, quotes and more.
Our content is divided into the following categories:
- Bible Verses - words to live by
- Book Reviews - because there's more to life than the Internet
- By Me - a few random thoughts
- Contentment - happiness is wanting what you have
- Inspirational - to encourage and inspire
- Lyrics & Music - some songs say so much
- Poetry - Roses are red, violets are blue, poetry is cool, rhyming is ... optional.
- Points to Ponder - things that make you go, "hmmm"
- Quotes - He said. She said. I listened.
- Thanksgiving & Christmas - the most wonderful times of the year
- Top Tens - for those of us who enjoy so-called list humor
- Etcetera - because life rarely fits into a neat little category
If the links above don't work, or if you prefer a non-blog layout, check out this list of our content, listed by subject.
Thank you for visiting. Enjoy the site!
Note that the newest content and the complete list of categories can be found at the blog index.
For Christmas-related goodies, visit our companion site, The Gift of Christmas.
More information about this site is on the Frequently Asked Questions page.
Shine - and its companion blog RainShine - are rusted-crush productions, with grateful acknowledgment to the sources that have helped make the sites and this layout possible. Thank you for visiting; enjoy the site! And remember, as the song says, "It takes a little rain to make love grow... Where the sun always shines, there's a desert below."