The Gift of Christmas
"It came without ribbons. It came without tags.
It came without packages, boxes or bags.
And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore.
Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before.
'What if Christmas,' he thought, 'doesn't come from a store?'
What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more?"
Dr. Seuss said it well: Christmas is more than what we buy at a store. At this site, we celebrate that "more" by sharing the story of the first Christmas, along with some other holiday goodies:
- The First Christmas - as told in the Bible
- Why was Jesus born? - a brief explanation of *the* Gift of Christmas: Jesus
- Teach the Children - the meaning of some holiday symbols
- Christmas Quotes - things said about Christmas and the holiday season
- Carols/Lyrics - five classic hymns
- Gift Ideas - a few suggestions
- Christmas Traditions - new and old
- Around The World - how others say "Merry Christmas"
- Christmas Humor, Etc. - Christmas top tens, jokes, and more
- Mary's First Moments - a poem about Jesus' mother
More Christmas goodies can be found at our companion blog, RainShine.
If you have any comments or contributions for the site, feel free to send them: my contact information is on the Site FAQ page. (I'd especially appreciate it if those who know other languages could help proofread the Christmas Around The World sayings.)
Thanks for visiting: enjoy the site!
The Gift of Christmas website is a rusted-crush production, with grateful acknowledgment to the sources that have helped make this site and this layout possible. Thank you for visiting. Enjoy the site! A very Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!