About This Site
The site began at Yahoo's Geocities in October 2001. In the fall of 2002, it jingled all the way here to its current address at neloo dot com.
Though we offer a variety of content, for several years our quotes collection appeared on the first page of Google searches for "Christmas quotes," making it our most visited feature. If that's what brought you here -- or if it isn't! -- welcome. :)
Feedback about the site is always appreciated; read on for contact information as well as (convenient and time-saving!) answers to a few frequently asked questions.
Why did you name the site "The Gift of Christmas"?
In honor of the Original Christmas Gift.
Where do you get the content for this site?
- Some of the material posted here was widely redistributed via email and online during the early days of this site, and so the originator is unclear. Sources for the newer additions have been gratefully acknowledged.
- No copyright infringement of any kind is intended: our aim is to limit sharing of any such material to within the guidelines of "Fair Use." If you feel I've failed to credit you, please let me know. No profit is being made.
- Many thanks to Amber Jensen for letting me post her poem: Mary's First Moments.
- Banner: The graphic used in the banner was found here (as well as in multiple sets of free wallpapers), and then edited by me to fit this layout using the software Paint Shop Pro.
- CSS/HTML resources used include: rapidtables.com (chose link/highlight colors from their list), stackoverflow.com, the W3 tutorials and the W3 Validator.
- www.neloo.com - our host, and home to an eclectic collection of sites
Are you receiving compensation for any endorsements?
No. Any recommendations I make have been influenced solely by my experiences.
Will you advertise my (whatever) on your site?
What happened to the listing of links to other websites?
I lacked the time to keep the list updated and current, and so I removed that section.
May I suggest a website link for you to add?
No, I am not adding any suggested links.
How can I contact you?
I love to receive feedback from visitors about the site. So, to contact me:
(1) Write to me -- with about your Christmas site in the subject line, so I'll know it isn't spam -- at admin|neloo.com - and, of course, replace | with the correct symbol.
(2) Or, reply to any post at RainShine, our companion blog.
I've written to you; why haven't you responded?
When a site visitor takes the time to write to me, I make an effort to write back. If you're waiting on a response from me, note the following:
- Did you include a clear subject line? If not, I may have thought the email was spam and deleted it unopened.
- Is the question already answered above? If so, I'm sorry, but I probably won't reply and repeat the answer.
- Did you write to me at the address that is currently listed on this page? If not, the address may no longer work, so I never received your message.
- Did you write to me a few hours ago? Sometimes my real-life responsibilities delay personal activities -- such as website correspondence -- for a week. Or two. Or three...
Thank you for reviewing this information! Now that you know all "about us," check out our full list of site content.